Everybabystep Inc. (“Everybabystep”, “we”, “us”, “our”) makes the journey to parenthood easier and less overwhelming with our content, curated store, Everybabystep registry, and website where we have helpful information for expecting families. Whether you are a website visitor, a baby registry account holder, or a gift-giver, your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice covers the information Everybabystep collects, uses, shares, and retains when you access our www.everybabystep.com website, use our products and services, or otherwise interact with us (collectively, the “Services“).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of information you provide directly to us or that we collect automatically when you use our Services.
To create a Everybabystep registry account, you provide us the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address and password
We require this information to create your Everybabystep registry account, authenticate your account, and make your account accessible to gift givers. Your registry account remains private until you choose to share it with others. You may share it by making it searchable inside Everybabystep, publicly searchable, and/or posting it via Facebook or a personal link.
When you create your registry account, you may choose to provide us the following additional information:
- Existence of a partner
- Partner name and email address
- Due date
- Baby gender
- Whether pregnancy is multiple (e.g., twins)
- Number of other children
- Type of expecting experience (pregnancy, adopting, fostering, surrogate, etc.)
- Physical address
- Phone number
- Photos and videos
- Personal message
- Bank account routing information
- Other information about you, your partner, and your health and lifestyle
This additional information is optional, but you may find it helpful if you would like to use our Services. Also, we may require some of this information. For example, if your partner wants to use the Services, we will need your partner’s name, email address, and a password.
To give a gift to a registry member, you will provide us the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
We require this information to notify the gift recipient and confirm your gift via email.
If you choose to complete our surveys or participate in our contests, you will provide us the following information:
- Your contact information
- Your age and gender
- Your answers to our survey questions
- Any other information that you may choose to provide to us in the comment field
We use our surveys and contests to collect your feedback to improve your experience and our Services. Participation in our surveys or contests is voluntary. You have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct surveys and contests on our behalf. If you outline any issues and/or request our help in our surveys and contests, we may reach out to you to resolve your concern.
Public Posting Area
When you share photos, post comments, or share other information when you use our Services, this information may be public, depending on your settings. We do not require this information. If you do not want people to know your personal or other information, please do not include it in any messages you post.
When you use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about how you use our Services:
- Web requests
- Landing, referring, and exit pages and URLs
- Pages visited
- Clickstream data
- Type of browser used
- Operating system
- Site usage
This information is required. We collect this information to improve our Services and your user experience, generate web analytics, and troubleshoot problems.
When you use our Services, we automatically collect the following information related to your interaction with the Services via a computer or other devices such as iPad or smartphone:
- Device model/type
- Hardware or operating system
- Browser type
- IP address
- Push notification tokens
- Transaction identifier
We require this information to make our Services easier to use and personalize your content. It also helps us with troubleshooting, developing new products and services, and conduct audits.
When you download our mobile app or use the mobile browser to access your Everybabystep account and have consented to location services, we will collect the following information:
- Your geolocation
- Your device model
We collect this information only when you consent to location services. We require this information to provide you with location-based services such as store discounts and special offers available in your area.
We receive information about you from other users, third-party service providers, partners, and affiliates.
- Other Users. Other users may share information about you when they use our Services. For example, your partner may add you to their profile information or share your email address to add you to the partner account.
- Third-party Service Providers. Everybabystep receives information about you from third-party service providers who act on our behalf. These services include fulfilling orders or purchases, payment processing, validating contact data, sending marketing communications, and providing cloud infrastructure.
- Partners. We receive information about you from our partners who provide a variety of services to Everybabystep. These services may include consulting, training, analytics, marketing, and advertising.
Other Information About You
When you choose to call us, text us, or send us an email, you may provide additional personal information about yourself, your partner, or others. For example, when you submit information regarding a technical problem you are experiencing with the Services, we will request your contact information, problem summary, screenshots, and other information that might be helpful to resolve your technical issue. We may also combine this information with other information about you that we already have.
We use the information about you and your browsing history for the following marketing purposes:
- Send you marketing communications via email or SMS text
- Show you our ads on other websites and social media
- Conduct marketing research so we can suggest products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Generate web analytics
Everybabystep does not use personal information about you in automated decision making or profiling.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell, or purchase information about you from data brokers unless we have your consent. We may share, rent, or sell non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, items on your registry, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our Services.
- Third-party Service Providers. Everybabystep uses third-party service providers who act on our behalf. These third parties are authorized to use information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us. The services may include fulfilling orders or purchases, payment processing, validating contact data, sending marketing communications, and providing cloud infrastructure.
- Partners. From time to time, we work with other third parties who act as our partners to offer you joint products and services. If you decide to use such products or services, we will share certain information about you with our partners in accordance with this Privacy Notice, our Terms and Conditions, and any applicable provisions of our partner agreements. We may share your information with partners in connection with their services, such as to assist with billing and collections, provide localized support, and deliver customizations. If you opt into product giveaways, we will share your name and the email address you provided to sign up for the giveaway. Our current giveaway partners include:
- Freshly Picked
- Baby Brezza
- Solly Baby
- Nena & Co.
- Burt’s Bees Baby
We also share both anonymized and aggregate data, which does not include personally identifiable information, with our marketing, industry, and vendor partners.
- Change of Ownership. If Everybabystep is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we reserve the right to transfer information about you. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of information about you and any choices you may have.
- Public authorities. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security and local law enforcement. We may also disclose information about you to:
- Comply with a subpoena or other legal process requests
- Protect our rights
- Protect your safety or the safety of others
- Investigate fraud
- Respond to a government request
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We collect and use information about you per applicable law, contractual obligations, and with transparency and fairness. The legal basis for processing depends on the Services you use and how you use them. We rely on the following lawful grounds:
- Consent. Where appropriate or legally required, we collect and use information about your subject to your consent.
- Performance of a contract. We collect and use information about you to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract that you have with us.
- Legitimate interests.Legitimate interests. We collect and use information about you for our legitimate interests to improve our Services, deliver content, optimize your experience, and market our products and services.
- Compliance with laws. We may also collect and use information about you:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets
CHOICES YOU MAY HAVE
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how we use information collected, so you can make choices about how your information is used. You can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process and change your selection at any time by contacting us directly. Also, when we ask you to provide your information, you may decline. However, please note that if you choose to decline, you may not be able to use some of our Services.
- Marketing communication.
- Email. You can choose to unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message.
- SMS. You can opt-out of receiving marketing SMS messages by following instructions provided in every SMS message.
If you have created an Everybabystep account, you may access, manage, and update your account information and communication preferences using your account or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
- Transactional communication. From time to time, we may send you a transactional email with announcements, payment confirmations, changes to our services, and other similar administrative messages. You do not have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving these messages.
- Third-Party marketing, advertising, and other communication. You may opt-in to receive emails or other communications from our partners, vendors, or affiliates. If you do opt-in, you may be subject to the third-party’s separate Privacy Notice. You are responsible for managing your email preferences subject to that statement. Please note that some advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies in order to enable advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser, and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like to learn more about this practice, and know your choices with respect to it, please visit here.
We will process your opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that it may take us up to 30 days to process your request and you may receive a few more messages until your request is processed.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative industry safeguards to protect information from unauthorized access, use, loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. We will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information stored on our servers from unauthorized access using commercially available computer security products (for example, firewalls), as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about our security practices, you can contact Everybabystep at the address listed below. Also, it is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account credentials and notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
When you create a password for your account, choose a password that is not easy to guess and does not use words that you would find in a dictionary. Do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and we will attribute activities that occur using your account information (e.g., through the use of your password) to you. If you suspect that your password has been compromised contact us immediately at [email protected].
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
DO NOT TRACK
We do not track or respond to browser “Do Not Track” Requests.
Everybabystep, its Services, and users are based in the United States (the “US”). When you use our Services, we may transfer, store, and process information about you to servers and databases located outside of your home country. The privacy and data protection laws in the US may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information.
DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Depending on a country where you are located, you may have the following rights:
- A right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where Everybabystep processes your information in a way that does not comply with the laws and regulations.
- A right of access to information undergoing processing. Everybabystep may charge a reasonable administrative fee if further copies of your information are requested.
- A right to rectify inaccuracies in information Everybabystep collects and holds about you. If your account information is incomplete or inaccurate you can update your information directly in your Everybabystep account or contact [email protected] for assistance.
- A right to require your information to be provided to you or to another company in a commonly used electronic form.
- A right to object to specific types of processing such as direct marketing, processing based on legitimate interest or performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority, and processing for research or statistical purposes.
- A right to have your information ‘erased’ or to restrict the processing of information.
- A right to withdraw your consent for future processing.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Users who are California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to [email protected].
Everybabystep does not knowingly target children under 18 and makes reasonable efforts to ensure that the targeting of children under 18 does not occur. Children 18 and under are not eligible to use Everybabystep’s Service without the participation and supervision of a legal parent or guardian. If you believe your child has provided Everybabystep with personal information, please contact us at [email protected] so we can remove the information. We urge parents to monitor their children’s use of all digital media.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
We store your information as long as the business necessary to provide our Services and to fulfill our legal and contractual obligations. If a Everybabystep registry has no activity for 90 days, or a user does not access their account for 12 months, we set those registries to “private” which hides them from search engines. All information is retained.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Service, including the information or content contained therein. Please remember that when you use a link to go from the Service to another website, our Privacy Notice does not apply to third-party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link or advertisement on our Website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. We encourage our users to be to familiarize themselves with the privacy statements of all websites that they visit and interact with.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We periodically review and update this Privacy Notice to reflect current technologies, new business practices, or changes in legal circumstances. When we do, we will revise the “Effective Date” at the top of this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any updates. If we are going to use personal data in a manner that is materially different from that stated at the time of collection or make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will notify you by posting these changes in a prominent notice on this website. If you do not agree with the privacy practices disclosed in the Privacy Notice, we recommend that you stop using our Services.
If you have any questions or concerns about Everybabystep privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected] or mail us at:
Attn: Everybabystep Privacy